I wish I had known how long the 1st video was going to take to film when I began this project because I would not have included 3 video ideas in my project proposal. I decided to cut the 3rd video on opera for children because I did not think I would have time to complete it. Also, I am required to do a video in my JMC 270 course and this video has to be a How-To video, which I did not think about earlier this semester. I think I can do the video about music in the City of Murray, but I will have to be smart and plan accordingly. A couple of weeks ago, I was supposed to interview Mr. Fannin and Nick Calcamaggio, but I had a minor set back. Jeremy told someone to leave the door to the 8th floor office open, but he/she didn’t, so I did not have access to the camera and the lights at the time of the interviews. I rescheduled those interviews for the following Wednesday and both interviews went well.
All of the people I have interviewed throughout this project have been very articulate and great representations of the music department. For the past couple of weeks, I began shooting b-roll or footage for the PR Video for the Music Department. I have gotten footage of the Fine Arts Building and Lovett Auditorium outdoors. This footage was very beautiful because Murray State has a very nice campus and this would attract students to the music department as well. However, most of my b-roll was filmed indoors. Filming b-roll or footage involves more creativity than just shooting an interview. For b-roll, you have to decide which places look the most attractive and what angles or positions the camera should be in order to show the best visual images. The best b-roll I think I have gotten so far is the footage of the orchestra rehearsal because I moved the camera across the room and it did not look weird or unprofessional. However, the end of the clip was a little strange because I zoomed in and out really quickly, but that section of this footage will not be used for the final public relations video. I posted the video of the orchestra rehearsal above this blog post.
All of the people I have interviewed throughout this project have been very articulate and great representations of the music department. For the past couple of weeks, I began shooting b-roll or footage for the PR Video for the Music Department. I have gotten footage of the Fine Arts Building and Lovett Auditorium outdoors. This footage was very beautiful because Murray State has a very nice campus and this would attract students to the music department as well. However, most of my b-roll was filmed indoors. Filming b-roll or footage involves more creativity than just shooting an interview. For b-roll, you have to decide which places look the most attractive and what angles or positions the camera should be in order to show the best visual images. The best b-roll I think I have gotten so far is the footage of the orchestra rehearsal because I moved the camera across the room and it did not look weird or unprofessional. However, the end of the clip was a little strange because I zoomed in and out really quickly, but that section of this footage will not be used for the final public relations video. I posted the video of the orchestra rehearsal above this blog post.
Dominique!! It seems like you are working very hard and efficiently on your project. I bet it is a big undertaking, but you are handling it very well. I love how you are explaining in great detail about the b-roll and your interviewing process. My advice to you is when blogging about your project, maybe divide posts into paragraph. It'll look more organized and it'll be easier to read. Good luck with the rest of your project! :)
ReplyDeleteDominique!
ReplyDeleteI am still very excited to see the finished product of this video for the music department. You have a very good eye for quality in people and music, and i can already tell that has transferred into your videos.
In the future, I would personally love to see more of you in the videos. Since this is your undertaking, I feel as if you should be more physically present in the videos.
Still very proud of your work! Keep it up!
--Tatiana
Dominique,
ReplyDeleteWhat a very unique project! I never would have thought to make a film! This is a really great idea. The only thing I would suggest is that you talk a little more in depth on how you have come to learn the film technology and how it might help you in the future. just a suggestion, but this looks great!
Dominique,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it's going so well! Keep up the good work, but maybe tell us a little more about how this experience is affecting both you and the community. We want to hear your reactions! :) You're doing great!! Keep it up!
Dominique, your project is going so well. I love seeing you come into concert choir and studio classes with your video gear. I can't wait to read how others perceive your videos. Keep on keeping on!!
ReplyDeleteDominique, I love the video clip of the orchestra. I can't wait to see the interviews. Have you thought about taking the video and editing the sound be equalizing it in some places? This can be done in the music lab on the 2nd floor of the Old Fine Arts building, or with any computer that has Garage Band.
ReplyDelete