Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blog Post #3




I decided to interview a vocal music major, a pianist, and an instrumentalist for the public relations video for the Music Department. Last week, I interviewed Olivia Erb, a junior vocal music major, and Dr. Bradley Almquist, Director of Choral Activities. I was supposed to interview another student, but they did not show up because they had forgotten about a prior commitment at the same time. Jeremy said that no shows happen to everyone sometimes and that it was okay. However, I should have reminded that person the day before and not two days before, so it was my fault. I can use this in the future to help me because I will not be alarmed when someone does not show up for an interview, but first and foremost, I will always remember to remind the person about an interview the day before it is scheduled. 

I rescheduled my interview with the other student for this Wednesday and I will interview another music student as well. Jeremy will not be there with me this week for the interviews, so I will be setting up the camera and lights by myself. I think that it is great that he trusts me to work with the camera and lights alone because it means he thinks that I will be careful with the equipment and that I know what I am doing. The video above is the first answer given during the interview I did with Olivia Erb. She explains why she chose to audition for the MSU Music Department. Jeremy made a video tutorial for me giving instructions to convert the file on my SD Card to one that would upload on You Tube and I did that successfully. I will use this tutorial when I post a link on my blog because it was very helpful.

1 comment:

  1. Dominique,

    I am so excited that you are doing a PR video for the music department! The work you have been putting into this project shows how much you truly care about this department, and I am excited to see the final product! Keep up the good work!

    -Tatiana Romanko

    ReplyDelete