Friday, September 16, 2011

Social Media Post


I believe that as a responsible user of social media, I must make sure that I do not post inappropriate pictures or comments about myself or others. I notice that people can post some awful comments on Facebook, Twitter and several other social media sites. Many people believe that because they are online, they can say anything they want. Bullying on social media has been another huge issue that has gotten worse the last few years. Students will go on Facebook or My Space to harass fellow classmates and this has led to serious consequences. When applying for jobs, companies look at Facebook and sometimes this can hinder someone from getting a job because they have pictures of themselves drinking at parties or participating in other unprofessional situations. When people post statuses and comments about teachers, bosses and colleagues, it can result in lost jobs and expulsions from school for both students and faculty. A responsible social media user like myself will never post pictures, statuses, or comments that I think will effect my chances of getting a job or harm strong relationships that I have built over the years. Social Media is a great way to network with others, but I want to treat people the way I want to be treated online or face to face.

1 comment:

  1. Please consider posting in another color so I can read all of your post without copying and pasting to another location. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete