Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Blog Post #6

      After Thanksgiving break, I continued working on the public relations video for the Music Department. However, while I was editing I noticed that the audio on Mr. Fannin’s interview and a student’s interview was very low. I thought the sound could be fixed with editing, but when Jeremy tried to turn up the audio, the background noise also went up with their voices. I decided to redo both interviews. I interviewed Mr. Fannin today, but I was unable to contact the student, so I will probably just take the student’s quote out of the video. This is sort of sad because I really thought the student’s quote was very good, but the sound was bad and this could make the rest of the video seem mediocre. I completed the video after my vocal jury was done. I was very excited to finish and Jeremy looked at it. He told me that the video was very good for a beginner videographer. He also gave me suggestions on how to improve it and we did make some changes. He said that in the future, I need to get closer to get the shot when I film b-roll or footage. Jeremy also said that cross fades help to make the transitions look smoother in the video.  I am proud of this video and I was surprised at how long it took me to complete this project. Making this video has shown me that you have to have patience and be willing to spend several hours on one project and never underestimate how much time it will take to complete a video. Videos are time consuming, but the final product is worth it in the end. I posted the final edit of the video on this blog, but I will probably still make adjustments next semester to make this product worthy of being a promotional tool for the Murray State University Music Department.


1 comment: